“The commitment to protect the mothers and babies of New Jersey has not wavered. In the last few months, our nation has seen what New Jersey is capable of when we prioritize the health of the most vulnerable. We may be in the middle of one of the greatest challenges of our time, but we have never been more certain that together we will continue to build a village of support for our mothers and make New Jersey the safest and most equitable place in the nation to deliver a baby.”
—Tammy Murphy and Lisa Asare
The Nurture NJ Commitment
When the Nurture NJ ecosystem is completely built, the following conditions should exist for every mother:
- All mother/infant dyads residing in high-need areas will thrive in a fully built ecosystem from preconception to the child’s 2nd birthday.
- Disparities in maternal and infant outcomes will be eliminated
- Maternal mortality will be sustainably reduced by 50 percent over five years.
- The leading causes of maternal mortality will be sustainably reduced by 50 percent over five years (cardiomyopathy, hemorrhage, infection/sepsis).
- Severe maternal morbidity will be reduced by 25 percent over five years.